When you use ADlimo, you trust us with your personal data. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice applies to users of ADlimo’s services anywhere in the world, including users of ADlimo’s apps, websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how ADlimo and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or other services anywhere in the world. This notice specifically applies to:
- Riders: individuals who request or receive transportation, including those who receive transportation requested by another individual.
- Drivers: individuals who provide or submit applications to ADlimo to provide, transportation individually or through partner transportation companies.
This notice also governs ADlimo’s other collections of personal data in connection with ADlimo’s services. For example, we may collect the contact information of individuals who use accounts owned by ADlimo for Business customers or of owners or employees of ADlimo, or we may collect other personal data in connection with our mapping technology and features.
All those subject to this notice, are referred to as “users” in this notice.
In addition, please note the following:
- For users in Argentina: The Public Information Access agency, in its role of Regulating Body of Law 25.326, is responsible for receiving complaints and reports presented by any data subjects who believe their rights have been impacted by a violation of the local data protection regulation.
- For California users: Information regarding ADlimo’s privacy practices are related to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- For riders without an ADlimo account: The personal data of riders who take trips arranged by the owners of an ADlimo account is processed in accordance with our contract with the owner of that account, and not as otherwise described in this notice. Such processing may include sharing of rider location data with the owner of that account. Please contact the owner of such account for more information.
Our data practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places.
III. Data collections and uses
- The data we collect
- Data provided by users to ADlimo, such as during account creation
- Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
- Data from other sources, such as ADlimo partners and third parties that use ADlimo APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of ADlimo:
- Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their ADlimo accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers and user settings. We may use the photos submitted by drivers to verify their identities, such as through facial recognition technologies. For more information, please see the section titled “How we use personal data.”
- Background check and identity verification: We collect background check and identity verification information for drivers. This may include information such as driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on ADlimo’s behalf.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic data about users from third parties.
- User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact ADlimo customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users or otherwise contact ADlimo. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users.
- Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Location data: We collect precise or approximate location data from a user’s mobile device if enabled by the user to do so. For drivers, ADlimo collects this data when the ADlimo app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device. For riders, ADlimo collects this data when the ADlimo app is running in the foreground. In certain regions (which do not include the European Union), ADlimo may also collect this data when the ADlimo app is running in the background of the user’s mobile device. Riders may use the ADlimo apps without enabling ADlimo to collect location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect some functionality available in the ADlimo apps. For example, a user who has not enabled location data collection will have to manually enter their address. In addition, the location data collected from a driver device during a trip will be linked to the rider’s account, even if they have not enabled location data to be collected from their device, including for purposes of receipt generation, customer support, fraud detection, insurance, and litigation.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and ADlimo through ADlimo’s mobile apps and websites. For example, we enable drivers and riders to call or text each other (generally without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, ADlimo receives some data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. ADlimo may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
- Data from other sources. This includes:
- User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
- Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
- ADlimo account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- ADlimo business partners through which users create or access their ADlimo account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use ADlimo’s APIs or whose APIs ADlimo uses.
- ADlimo business partners in connection with the ADlimo Visa Card to the extent disclosed in the terms and conditions for the card.
- Vendors who help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, for regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
- Insurance, vehicle, or financial services providers for drivers.
- Partner transportation companies (for drivers who use our services through an account associated with such a company).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
ADlimo may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
- How we use personal data
ADlimo collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation and services. We also use the data we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications between users
- To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- In connection with legal proceedings
ADlimo does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
ADlimo uses the data it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features. ADlimo uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
- Create and update users’ accounts.
- Verify drivers’ identity, background history, and eligibility to work.
- Enable transportation and other services.
- Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
- Offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- Track and share the progress of rides or deliveries.
- Enable features that allow users to share information with other people, such as when riders submit a compliment about a driver, refer a friend to ADlimo, split fares, or share ETA and location with their contacts.
- Enable features to personalize users’ ADlimo accounts, such as creating bookmarks for favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations.
- Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services, such as those that enable deaf or hard-of-hearing drivers to alert their riders of their disabilities, allow only text messages from riders, and enable receipt of flashing trip request notifications instead of sound notifications on their mobile device.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Safety and security. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- Screening riders and drivers before enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers and/or riders.
- Using data from drivers’ devices to help identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to inform them of safer driving practices.
- In certain regions, using information derived from driver’s license photos, and other photos submitted to ADlimo, for safety and security purposes. This includes ADlimo’s Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts drivers to share a selfie before going online to help ensure that the driver or delivery partner using the app matches the ADlimo account we have on file. This also includes comparing photographs that we have on file against photographs (i) of other users to prevent identity-borrowing, and (ii) from public databases to verify user identity.
- Using device, location, profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
- Using user ratings and feedback to encourage compliance with our Community Guidelines and as grounds for deactivating drivers with low ratings or who otherwise violated such guidelines in certain countries.
- Customer support. ADlimo uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
- Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address user concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
- Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Enabling communications between users. For example, a driver may message or call a rider to confirm a pickup location, a rider may contact a driver to retrieve a lost item.
- Marketing. ADlimo may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about ADlimo services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
We may also send communications to our users about products and services offered by ADlimo partners. Although we may send users communications about ADlimo partners’ products and services, we do not sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, such partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, except with users’ consent.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of ADlimo’s services, and user preferences and settings.
We may also send users communications regarding elections, ballots, referenda, and other political and notice processes that relate to our services. For example, ADlimo has notified some users by email of ballot measures or pending legislation relating to the availability of ADlimo’s services in those users’ areas.
- Non-marketing communications. ADlimo may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of ADlimo or its partners.
- Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of ADlimo’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
- Automated decision-making
We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes:
- Enabling dynamic pricing, in which the price of a ride is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance, the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of riders and drivers using ADlimo at a given moment.
- Matching available drivers and delivery partners to users requesting services. Users can be matched based on availability, proximity, and other factors.
- Determining driver ratings, and deactivating drivers or riders with low ratings. Deactivating users who are identified as having engaged in fraud or activities that may otherwise harm ADlimo, its users, and others.
- Using driver location information, and communications between riders and drivers, to identify cancellation fees earned or induced through fraud. For example, if we determine by using such information that a driver is delaying a rider pickup in order to induce a cancellation, we will not charge the rider a cancellation fee and will adjust the amounts paid to the driver to omit such a fee. To object to such adjustment, please contact ADlimo customer support.
- Cookies and third-party technologies
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
- Data sharing and disclosure
Some of ADlimo’s products, services, and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
ADlimo may share the data we collect:
- With other users
This includes sharing:
- Riders’ first name, rating, and pickup and/or dropoff locations with drivers.
- Riders’ first name with other riders in a carpool trip. Riders in carpool trips may also see the dropoff location of the other riders.
- For drivers, we may share data with the rider(s) including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location (before and during trip); average rating provided by users; total number of trips; length of use of the ADlimo app; contact information (depending upon applicable laws); and driver profile, including compliments and other feedback submitted by past users. We also provide riders with receipts containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, driver first name, photo, route map, and such other information required on invoices in the country or region where the driver operates.
- At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
- Other people at the user’s request. For example, we share a user’s ETA and location with a friend when requested by that user, or a user’s trip information when they split a fare with a friend.
- ADlimo business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, ADlimo may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps or websites that integrate with our APIs; vehicle suppliers or services; those with an API or service with which we integrate.
- With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as ADlimo blogs and ADlimo social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
- With the ADlimo account owner
If a user requests transportation or places an order using an account owned by another party, we may share their order or trip information, including real-time location data, with the owner of that account. This occurs, for example, when:
- A rider uses their employer’s ADlimo for Business profile
- A driver uses an account owned by or associated with an ADlimo partner transportation company
- A rider takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile
- With ADlimo subsidiaries and affiliates
We share data with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, ADlimo processes and stores data on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With ADlimo service providers and business partners
ADlimo provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
- Payment processors and facilitators
- Background check and identity verification providers (drivers only)
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with ADlimo or on ADlimo’s behalf
- Vendors that assist ADlimo to enhance the safety and security of its apps
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
- Insurance and financing partners
- Lime and other local providers
- Vehicle solution vendors or third-party vehicle suppliers
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
ADlimo may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect ADlimo’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including trip or order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- With consent
ADlimo may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
- Data retention and deletion
ADlimo retains user profile, transaction, and other personal data for as long as a user maintains their ADlimo account.
ADlimo may retain certain user data after receiving an account deletion request if necessary, such as to comply with legal requirements.
ADlimo retains user profile, transaction, and other information for as long as a user maintains their ADlimo account. For drivers, ADlimo also retains vehicle and background check information (to the extent permitted by law) for as long as they maintain their ADlimo account.
Riders may request deletion of their account at any time through the Settings > Privacy menus in the ADlimo app, or through ADlimo’s Help Center. Following such requests, ADlimo deletes the data that it is not required to retain for purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, or other legal requirements. For example, ADlimo retains location, device, and usage data for these purposes for a minimum of 7 years; while it retains such data, it may also use it for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, and research and development. In certain circumstances, ADlimo may be unable to delete a user’s account, such as if there’s an outstanding credit on the account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, ADlimo will delete the account as described above.
ADlimo may also retain certain information if necessary for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention. For example, if ADlimo deactivates a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, ADlimo may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new ADlimo account in the future.
- Grounds for processing
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of ADlimo’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
- To provide requested services and features
In order to provide our services, we must collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
- User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity; communicate with users about their trips, orders, and accounts; and enable users to make payments or receive earnings
- Background trip information, which is used to verify an applicant’s eligibility to be a driver
- Driver location data, which we use to track trips and assist with navigation
- Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance ADlimo’s services, including to determine incentives, connect riders and drivers, and calculate costs of trips and driver earnings
- Transaction information
- Information relating to customer support
- For purposes of the legitimate interests of ADlimo or other parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we use personal data to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining data of banned users to prevent their use of ADlimo’s apps. We also use usage data to prevent matching of riders and drivers for whom there is higher risk of conflict (for instance, because they have been the subject of prior complaints from other users).
This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our services, direct marketing, research, and development; and enforcing ADlimo’s Terms of Service.
In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal or insurance claims, and to protect the rights and safety of others.
- To fulfill ADlimo’s legal obligations
For example, ADlimo is subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain data about our users’ trips, and to provide copies of such data to the government or other authorities. We collect and use personal data to comply with such laws.
ADlimo may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
- With consent
ADlimo may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys. Responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.
A user who has provided consent to a collection or use of their personal data can revoke it at any time. However, the user will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
- Choice and transparency
ADlimo enables users to access and control the data that ADlimo collects, including through:
- In-app settings
- Device permissions
- In-app ratings pages
- Marketing opt-outs
ADlimo also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, deletion of their accounts, or that ADlimo restrict its processing of user personal data.
- Privacy settings
Settings menus in the ADlimo app for riders give them the ability to set or update their location-sharing preferences and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from ADlimo. Information about these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings is described below.
ADlimo uses riders’ device location services to make it easier to get a ride whenever they need one. Location data helps improve our services, including pickups, navigation, and customer support.
Riders may enable or disallow ADlimo to collect location data from their mobile devices through the Settings > Privacy menus in the ADlimo app. Riders and delivery recipients can enable or disallow such collections through the settings on their mobile device.
ADlimo Driver app collects data from the location to enable live tracking while not using the app. ( If allowed in app permissions settings )
- Share Live Location (riders)
Riders who have enabled ADlimo to collect location data from their mobile device may also enable ADlimo to share their location with their driver from the time the ride is requested to the start of the trip. This can help improve pickups for both drivers and riders, particularly in crowded areas.
Riders may enable or disable this feature through the Settings > Privacy menus in the ADlimo app.
- Emergency Data Sharing (riders)
Riders who have enabled ADlimo to collect location data from their mobile device may also enable the Emergency Data Sharing feature that shares data with emergency police, fire, and ambulance services. Such data includes approximate location at the time the emergency call was placed; the car’s make, model, color, and license plate information; the rider’s name and phone number; pickup and drop-off locations; and the driver’s name.
Riders may enable or disable this feature through the Settings > Privacy menus or the Safety Center in the ADlimo app.
- Notifications: account and trip updates
ADlimo provides users with trip status notifications and updates related to activity on their account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the ADlimo app and cannot be disabled. However, users may choose the method by which they receive these notifications through the Settings > Privacy menus in the ADlimo app.
- Notifications: discounts and news
Users may enable ADlimo to send push notifications about discounts and news from ADlimo. Push notifications may be enabled or disabled through the Settings > Privacy menus in the ADlimo app.
- Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the ADlimo app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the ADlimo app seeks before their first use of the app, and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission.
- Ratings look-up
After every trip, drivers and riders are able to rate each other. An average of those ratings is associated with a user’s account and is displayed to other users for whom they provide or receive services. For example, rider ratings are available to drivers from whom they request transportation, and driver ratings are available to their riders.
This 2-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for drivers and riders. Riders can see their average rating in the main menu of the ADlimo app. Drivers can see their average rating after tapping their profile photo in the ADlimo Driver app.
- Marketing opt-outs
Users may opt out of receiving promotional emails from ADlimo. Users may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from ADlimo by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages. We may still send users who have opted out non-promotional communications, such as receipts for rides or information about their account.
- User data requests
ADlimo provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about ADlimo’s handling of their data.
- Accessing data: Users can ask for an explanation of the data we collect from them and how we use it.
- Receiving data: Users can ask for a copy of data that ADlimo collects from them with their consent or as necessary to provide our services.
- Changing or updating data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, payment method, and photo associated with their account through the Settings menu in ADlimo’s apps or driver portal. They may also ask that ADlimo change or update their data, including if they believe such data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Deleting data: Users may request deletion of their account at any time through the Settings > Privacy menus in the ADlimo app, or through ADlimo’s website.
- Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. ADlimo may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
In addition, depending on their location, users may have the right to file a complaint relating to ADlimo’s handling of their personal data with the data protection authority in their country.
- Updates to this notice
We may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the ADlimo apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices. After such notice, use of our services by users in countries outside the European Union will be understood as consent to the updates to the extent permitted by law.